The novel bug finally took hold again, putting me in front of the computer so I could pound out another 4,000 words in time for submission to my critique group (bringing the total word count to something around 8k). Trying to self edit at three in the morning is not something I’d advise.
When I was still printing off copies after four this morning I started thinking about writing deadlines I have – some self imposed, others given to me. It rolls something like this:
- 2011/03/31 - Deadline for writing, editing and submitting “Ruby Slippers” for publication consideration in an upcoming anthology (not real sure if I can pull this one off, folks – we’ll see).
- 2011/04/09 – Deadline for editing and submitting “A Little Rain” for publication consideration.
- 2011/04/16 - Deadline for editing and submitting “Fellowship” for publication consideration.
- 2011/04/23 - Deadline for editing and submitting “Page 57” for publication consideration.
- 2011/04/30 – Deadline for editing and submitting “Pop” for publication consideration in an upcoming anthology.
- 2011/05/19 - Deadline for a 1920’s based podcast for Horror Addicts. I “just” signed on for this one. So about seven weeks to write, edit, get my ol’ pal, Marie, to read aloud and compile the work into podcast form.
- 2011/05/26 – Deadline for writing, editing and submitting “Heat” for publication consideration in an upcoming anthology.
- 2011/07/21 - Deadline for the print version of my submission for the Masters of Macabre competition.
- 2011/08/01 - Deadline for my submission to the Colorado Springs Fiction Writers Group’s bookstore anthology.
- 2011/08/18 – Deadline for submitting the podcast version of my Masters of Macabre story.
Now the funny part is that this list is on top of still trying to get the novel done in the next three months and still put out a few other works to keep the kiddies awake at night.